Usually, every home needs a comfortable climate. Every homeowner should know the components of the air conditioner and how does it work? If you know the working principle of the air conditioner, you can maintain in a good manner.
If you will find any defects in the air conditioner, then make a call to the technician to repair the machine. This article provides how does a home air conditioner work?
The air conditioning system can be categorized into two key components:
- Indoor unit
- Outdoor unit
- Indoor unit:
The indoor unit is located closet and the basement which can be near in furnace filter unit in the house. This unit contains coil box is called evaporator coil box. The purpose of the evaporator coil is absorbing the heat and produce cool air.
- Outdoor unit:
The outdoor unit can be located at the side of your house. This unit contains the condenser, compressor coil, and fan.
The heat is absorbed and moves to the outdoor coil then it will be passed to the compressor. The fan delivers the cool air in throughout the home.
Refrigerators are compressed to the high pressure and moved through the outdoor is called as the condenser.
How does an air conditioner work?
- Warm air from the room is sucked in through the base of the machine.
- The air flows over the chiller pipes. The pipes cool down the incoming air and the dehumidifier removes the excess moisture.
- The air flows over the heating element.
- A fan at the top blast the heating the element and turned down the air re-entering to the room.
- The coolant flows through the chiller pipes.
To summarize, this article explains the components and the working procedures of the air conditioner.